Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday with Ioqe - Interview/Music

Today I logged onto soundcloud and saw that Ioqe favourited his track that I  had uploaded. Immediately after seeing this I messaged him asking if it was okay that I had posted it then I proceeded to ask for an interview. He happily agreed to the interview which got me really pumped! Here it is: 
Q: What's your name, age, and where are you from?
A: My name is dustin, and i'm 17.. and from berlin/germany
Q: How did you get started in making/producing dubstep music? How long have you been doing it for?
A: I started, dont know.. a good year ago now, to (actively)produce dubsteppish stuff, i began with hiphop/rapbeats when i was 13 or so but it wasn't such a big hobby back then.. 
so i'd say i'm doing it for 4-5 years now, but not really active

Q: What or who inspired you to get started?
A: There're just a few people who really inspire me.. ruckspin, untold, truth and planas were just the bigger ones.. i often 'support' unknown producers which do the same highquality-stuff like the pros..

Q: Favourite beer?

A: Heineken
Q: Favourite food?
A: Pizza? kinda unusual questions! haha :D
Q: Favourite artist(s) or song(s) at the moment?
A: ATM i really adore pangaea - You & I and eliphinos remix of kidkanevils 'floating world'
Q: Any plans to release a mixtape/EP in the future?
A: I'm not planning on a specific ep or album, because i just released the free-ep 'my way' together with two artists about 2 weeks ago.. but don't worry, i'll do music in the future, too :)
Q: What's your favourite thing about making music?
A: The best thing about producing is the fact, that you're able to do exactly the music that satisfies you. you don't have to search for a huge track which makes you happy for just 90%.. no, you're able to do 100% the stuff, you like to. and if other people (like you) like my stuff, it's just the double awesomeness!

Thank you very much for letting me interview you and for you taking the time to answer these questions, Dustin! I really appreciate it! I, and I'm sure a lot of the people on this blog, are looking forward to listening to your stuff in the future!
Check out Ioqe's stuff [here].

  


Schlaflos by ioqe

No comments:

Post a Comment